Mellon/American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) - Postdoctoral Public Fellows Program
1/19/21 NOTE: ACLS is conducting a year-long assessment of the initiative. There will be no competition for the fellowships in 2021.
Funded by the Mellon Foundation, the ACLS Public Fellows Program places recent Ph.D.s from the humanities and humanistic social sciences in staff positions at partnering organizations in government and the nonprofit sector. Placements are in the fields of policy, community development, arts and culture, media, conservation, and international affairs. Fellows participate in the substantive work of these organizations and receive professional mentoring. The fellowship offers two years of support.
- Possess U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status.
- Have a PhD in the humanities or humanistic social sciences conferred between September 1, 2016 and June 19, 2020.
- Have defended and deposited their dissertations no later than April 6, 2020.
- See website for further details about eligible programs and fields.
- $70,000 annual stipend.
- Health insurance.
- Up to $3,000 professional development funds.
American Council of Learned Societies
Email: email@example.com (no calls please)
Categories: Annual stipend of at least $10,000; Social Sciences; Humanities; US Citizens, Nationals, or Permanent Residents; Postdoctoral/Post-graduate; Fellowship/Grant; Unrestricted
If you have questions or if this listing needs updating, please contact us.