Facebook Research - Doctoral Fellowship Program
The Facebook Fellowship is a global program designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering at an accredited university. Facebook is interested in student research related to:
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Future Technologies
- Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Energy Efficient Video Compression
- Instagram/Facebook App Well-being and Safety
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Social and Economic Policy
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Systems for Machine Learning
- Must be full-time PhD students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2021).
- Must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines (see available fellowships below).
- Must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits, if they are awarded the fellowship.
- Should not apply for Facebook Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Facebook through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Facebook researcher.
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years).
- $42,000 annual stipend for living and conference travel costs.
- Paid visit to Facebook HQ to present research.
Categories: Annual stipend of at least $10,000; Sciences/Engineering/Math; US Citizens, Nationals, or Permanent Residents; International Students; Early Years of Doctoral Program; Fellowship/Grant
If you have questions or if this listing needs updating, please contact us.